Duncan McCullough is a communications professional with 10 years of experience working first in U.S. politics; and now internationally with Results for Development as a senior communications associate.
Currently, Mr. McCullough manages communications and outreach for the R4D’s Center for Education Innovations (CEI), working with colleagues, program staff, educators, funders and ministry staff on novel and effective strategies to overcome pressing problems in global education. Among other initiatives, Mr. McCullough developed the CEI blog into one of global development’s premier outlets for diverse perspectives on education innovation.
Before joining R4D, Mr. McCullough lead field efforts for numerous American political campaigns, a few of which were even successful on Election Day! In 2010, he joined the White House Correspondence Office and stayed three years, helping facilitate communication and outreach between the Obama administration and American citizens of all political persuasions.
Mr. McCullough holds an MA in international commerce and policy from George Mason University and a BA in English from the College of Charleston. He speaks English and French.
- Innovator Interview: Tumaini Letu. CEI Blog. February, 2017.
- The intersection between protest, civic engagement, and education. CEI Blog. February, 2017.
- Report Offers New Evidence from a Rapidly Diversifying Landscape of Low-Fee Private Schools. CEI Blog. November, 2016.
- First Look: The Early Learning Toolkit expands with four new Early Childhood Development Strategies. CEI Blog.
- July, 2016.
- Transforming Children’s Lives ‘One Game at a Time’. CEI Blog. May, 2016.
- A Bottom-Up Approach to Improving Student Learning. CEI Blog. April, 2016.
- Prioritizing Quality while Expanding Access to Out-of-School Children: 4 Instructive Examples from the CEI Database. CEI Blog. February, 2016.
- A Moral Arc: Educators Around the World Leveraging Dr. King’s Philosophies. CEI Blog. January 2016.
- Presenter: African Youth Economic Opportunity. African Leadership Academy Conference, 2016. Washington, DC.
- Website Design and Content Management: www.EarlyLearningToolkit.org. 2016 – Present.
- Website Design: www.YouthActionLab.org. 2016.
- Presenter: Low-fee, High Impact? Assessing the efforts of low-fee private schools in Ghana, 2016. Online Webinar.
- Burnett, Nicholas, Kavita Hatipoglu and Duncan McCullough (2016). Policy Brief: Implications of Education Fees and Their Effect on Household Decisions in Ghana. Results for Development Institute.
- Influx of refugees presents opportunity for Europe. CEI Blog. September, 2015.
- From Community Libraries to Earthquake Reconstruction: Innovator Interview with READ Global Nepal. CEI Blog, May, 2015.
- Ebola-Free and Determined, Liberia and Mali Enter the Next Stage in the Fight Against Ebola. CEI Blog. May, 2015.
- Website Design and Content Management: www.EducationInnovations.org. 2015 – Present.